ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
PROF. V. S. Bhatlawande
Since its inception in 2005, the Department of Electronics and Telecommunicatio Engineering. will be completing 14 years and has grown tremendously in teaching and research. The Department offers a regular four-year B.E program in “Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering having an intake of 60 and Post Graduate program M.E. (Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering – VLSI and Embedded Systems) started in July 2010 having an intake of 18 under the affiliation of Savitribai Phule Pune University.
The Department presently has highly qualified and experienced staff on its roll. The activities of the Department are conducted, besides teaching, in the areas of research, consulting, training, alumni and Training, and Placement. Department is having Advanced Computing Laboratories and Advanced Communication laboratories with high-end equipment in the field.
• Society growth and welfare through competent Electronics Engineering.
• To facilitate the engineering graduates with a sight of innovation,
• To provide a stimulating learning environment with the technological orientation to maximize individual potential,
• To produce electronics Engineering Graduates with ethics and moral values,
• To pursue excellence in the field of electronics engineering for the benefit of society.
• To enhance Faculty and student publications.
• To identify and support placements in core industries.
• To initiate customized/skill based certified courses.
• To intensify the use of ICT tools and Learning and Management System.
• To initiate foreign language courses.
• To promote Research and Consultancy by involving Industry.
• To undertake Major research projects and Consultancy.
• To establish a Centre of Excellence in Signal Processing
• To develop Virtual Laboratory for core subjects.
The Department has well equipped laboratories on the following subjects.
• Communication Engineering
• Electronics Circuits
• Embedded System Design
• Very Large Scale Integration
• Switching and Digital Electronics
The Department is constantly modernizing the infrastructure and lab facilities and is well supported in infrastructure and resources through the Institute.
Facilities like departmental library, computer centre and seminar hall are available for students and staff.
The Department operates its library/reference section/Digital library for both faculty and students. The Department library has a collection of books in various areas of Electronics Engineering. It has a wide collection of reference books, project reports, seminar reports, Instruction manuals etc.