ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
B.E. Information Technology course was started in the academic year 2007-2008 with the intake of 60 students and M.E.
Information Technology commenced in 2012-2013 with intake capacity of 24 students. IT industries can
progress well through the development of knowledge based products, technologies,
innovations, infrastructure up-gradation and availability of skilled manpower.
There is a rapid development in Information Technology sector, use of computers
is increasing in all sectors. Whole world is connected by internet and there are
ample opportunities to work in this area. We are focused to meet the industry
needs by providing conductive teaching- learning environment and platforms for
overall development of students through organization of soft skill training,
technical events and workshops for the students and staff.
Prof. S. P. Rangdale
HOD & Asst. Professor
B.E. (CSE), M.Tech.(CSE), PhD.(Pursuing)
Exp. 18 Years
Teaching & Learning Process:
• We use audio visual aids in teaching to make simple to understand the subject fundamentals.
• One staff is appointed as Guardian Faculty Member for each class to endure personal attention towards the students.
• Additional efforts are taken to improve weak students.
• We ensure full syllabus coverage in each semester.
• Two unit tests, prelim exam and mock PR/OR exam is conducted in every semester.
• Feedback of faculty by students is taken to improve staff teaching performance.
• We arrange additional lectures of outside expert faculties for difficult subjects.
• We organize workshop, seminar, technical event, aptitude and soft skill training for overall development of students.
• We take special efforts for student’s participation in various events organized by other institutes.
• Student attendance and results are communicated to parents.
a) Industrial Visit:
Every year we arrange industrial visit.
We had arranged industrial visit for the final year student as part of academics at “GMRT Project “, Narayangoan,Tal - Junnar,Dist - Pune. State - Maharashtra, INDIA.
b) Cultural event:
Cultural event is
arranged every year for students. Student’s participants are awarded prizes and certificates.
Students with academic excellence are awarded prizes in this event.
c) Engineers day:
Engineers day is celebrated every year in the college. Various competitions are arranged on this day and the winners are awarded prizes. A speech by industrial expert is arranged for the students on this occasion.
Students and staff share the achievements of Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya on
d) Technical event:
Techgage is an annual
technical event organized by Information Technology and Computer Engineering students. Technical events
are organized under the banner of Technotsav by all the departments. Students from all over Maharashtra participate in these events. Techgage is a platform for students to show their talent and skills in events like programming contest,
quiz, paper presentation gaming etc.
e) Teachers day:
Students celebrate teacher’s day on 5th September every year. A function is arranged on this occasion by students as a mark of respect towards Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan and the teachers. It is followed by a short cultural event.
f) Aptitude and soft skill training:
We arrange aptitude and soft skill training by outside experts in the college through training and placement department for students. This training enhances moral of students and make them ready for placement. One staff is deputed from the department as training placement assistant to coordinate all training and placement